Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Apple Picking in NC






The picture on the top is one that I got when he was shrugging his shoulders! I told you I would get one! The second one does not look like much, but Davon took it right after Jay had a bee in his mouth. This was so far the first time when I have had to step in as a mother and without thinking of myself take care of Jay. I am terrified of bees, I am really allergic, and for some reason have a major phobia. The first time I was stung by a bee was my first day of kindergarten. You can imagine how that was traumatic! Well Jay was on Daddy's back in the pack and all of the sudden starting screaming crying. I went over to make sure he was ok, assuming he was just sick of not getting attention and in my poor boy's mouth was a yellow jacket. I quickly scooped in out, Davon took off the pack and I took Jay out and comforted him right away. He calmed down in my arms almost immediately (its amazing how a mother can have that affect on her child). Right after he calmed down he wanted to get down and sit in the grass! So I let him. He sat there wanting to play and I kept wanting to kiss him and hold him and make sure he was all right. Its hard how they grow up so fast. Just a few months ago he would have let me rock him and hold him, now he was on the ground doing his own thing and literally pushing me away!!

No comments: