Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

the cupcake vs the grapefruit...

I went to the gym today. I fought it waking up this morning, but the repetitive three year old who kept saying "mama wake up come watch a show with me, come snuggle me, please, can i have an apple, can you cut it mama..." and so on, made me get up and get ready fast:) Spending time talking to the Lord on the way there was refreshing, then of course putting on my 'not so holy' ludacris was exhilirating:) I was now ready to take on the day. (I act as if this is a daily thing for me, obviously not, but I am trying to make it be:) I signed up for this myfitnessplan.com which a runner friend of mine recommended to me. You write everything you eat and do actively and it tracks it for you. I am excited about it, and not excited. I HAVE NEVER been one to enjoy working out or eating right. Right now I am choosing between the cream filled cupcakes in the pantry or the grapefruit in the fridge. Honestly, which one would you choose? Who in their right mind would want to choose the latter? If you say you would, you probably are not a follower of my blog, I would be surprised if I even know you, or can even relate to you:) I know I just need to get the cupcakes out of the house, but there is a certain time of the month that I actually need them. It no longer becomes a want, but becomes a need. Thats no joke. Well, here's to the grapefruit and water, may it make all my dreams come true and drop me 4 sizes:)

3 comments:

Lindsey Parsons said...

You go girl!

Actually I do LOVE grapefruit. However, I put so much sugar on mine that it's no longer healthy so I might as well go for the cupcake. Which I also love. So I say have both....

Yeah you probably shouldn't listen to me. I'm not helping.

Here's to turning Jello into J-Lo!

Unknown said...

oh tara...you really are so beautiful. you make me smile my friend :) and i do very much agree that the chocolate cupcakes moves from the category of "want" to "need" (but wouldn't you agree that it's more often a need than JUST once a month? ;)
i am so glad you are still blogging. and i really AM working on that list to get you of why i want you to keep doing it :)

megan said...

Good thing we ate most of your cupcakes today!!! I don't mind lookin out for you.