Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

for you Tim Gunn....

Today we made a run to micheals for buttons for a vest I knit, then to a teacher store for some letters, then out to dinner. We went to dinner at a place called the Avenue, its an outdoor strip mall, after dinner jay begged me to go shopping:) My child loves to shop. Whenever we go out he always says "momma, can we go into another store." I love this about him. He picks out clothes that he likes, he matches things together. He loves hats and glasses. We were at Old Navy, and I wish I got a picture, because he was walking around with a fedora all cocked to the side, like the Neil Caffrey from the show White Collar. I know some may think that this behavior is "questionable," but really, he spends all his time with me, and if we are being honest, I am pretty darn fashionable. And not to mention, I have caught his daddy standing in front of the full body mirror saying "I am a pretty man." So I am pretty sure this kid is gonna be a stud. I think its important for him to look good, for us all to look good. Lets be honest, when you see a white girl with a black guy, the guy is usually ghetto and the girl is usually trash, so we as a stack family like to look classy and trendy, aint nothing wrong with that:)
Even at the gym-I mean really, why is it that the overweight girls all look frumpy and wear baggy sweats and tshirts, and the skinny girls all look cute. Come on big ladies, they sell stuff in an XL, I know, I buy it. Thats one thing that my husband says to me, be confident about what you are wearing and you will look good in it. So yes, I rock out cute outfits when I work out, but it makes me feel good about myself. And maybe, just maybe, it will make me loose 60 lbs, and I will be able to do the 1/2 marathon that I am attempting to train for!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha!!! tara you are hilarious my friend :) love you!
and you and your family always DO rock the styling outfits.

Lindsey Parsons said...

Jay already is a stud, what are you talking about?!

Totally agree with Davon. My dad always told me the clothes don't wear you, you wear the clothes...so wear them well. (All this coming from a mechanic.)

Oh and I agree with Davon on him being a pretty man too! :)