Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ohh gym, how I loathe you....

Went to the gym today with Davon. He told me that when I got sick of going he would use his 10 day free pass and go with me. Well it has been about a month that I have been going. The weight is not coming off me like I would like. Yes, it is getting "easier", but its still not fun and by no means "easy". There are a few things that frustrate me about going to a gym.

1. The guy that paces around in work out clothes, but is just scanning the room. Sure he will walk to the machines do a few curls, but he is back scanning again. Dude, the girl you are waving at in the top floor, is NOT waving back!
2. The guy at the treadmill that is running (a lot faster than I), but is reading a book?! Come on seriously. Are you just turning the page every minute or so so that it looks like you are reading? Who can read and run?
3. The pregnant woman on the treadmill talking on the phone. Please lady, go home watch tv and eat ice cream like the rest of us did.
4. The breathing. For heaven sake the breathing. The men lifting weights and doing wierd sounding breathing. I mean the gym has towels and spray to wipe down the seats, but what about all that hot breath that is coming out of these mens mouths? So gross.
5. Ladies that put on their full face. I mean really. Its one thing for a little mascara, and yeah sometimes a little powder, but the foundation, the lip gloss, the blush, the shadow. Leave it at home. In a few minutes it starts dripping off, and sweat is not supposed to be beige.

Regardless, I'm still going.
I told Davon when he went running with me that me going to the gym has been all about prayer. In my own nature I NEVER have the desire to work out, but I have been praying about it daily and pushing through. So if you read this blog, do a shout out prayer for me....its so needed:)! And let me know what irritates you about working out. Its fun for me to laugh while I push myself:)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I think the thing that annoys me is when women who shouldn't be wearing spandex.....wear spandex. And walk around the entire gym with the muffin top hanging out. Or women, who presumably can wear spandex, wear spandex. I think I'm just not a fan of viewable spandex. I don't mind if you wear a long T-shirt with it, or wear shorts over it....but I think that might be my limits......just sayin'

Sara and Phil said...

I just got back from the gym and you are so right. You are hilarious!