Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31, 2011

 In the history of the date July 31 lots of things went down. History was made on battlefronts, islands were being discovered, records were being set, people were being born, and lives were being lost.
30 BC - Battle of Alexandria: Mark Antony achieves a minor victory over Octavian's forces, but most of his army subsequently deserts, leading to his suicide.
1396 - William Courtenay, Archbishop of Canterbury (b. 1342)
1498 - Christopher Columbus discovers island of Trinidad
1875 - Andrew Johnson, 17th pres, dies in Tennessee at 66
1997 - Ulrich Ernst Simon, theologian, dies at 63
1910 - Chic Cub King Cole no-hits St Louis, 4-0 in a 7 inning game


Today, for our family marks a day that we have lost one of the worlds greatest men, in our hearts. Frank John Krezel Sr was one of a kind. As I think back of fond memories of my grandpa I can't help but have joy in my heart in the midst of such sadness. I remember playing in his backyard while he sat on his cubs lawn chair listening to the only am radio station that broadcasted polka music. I remember him playing his accordian and all of us dancing around. I remember his wheaties and warm milk for breakfast. How he used to buy boxed ice cream and transfer it to a tupperware. How he would always make sure that we would have a family reunion with all the Krezels and at that the reunions ALWAYS video record it. He would get in your face while you were eating or chatting and say really loudly "HOW YA DOIN?" I remember playing yahtzee on saturday nights eating pizza and he would yell really loud "YAHTZEE" every time he shook the dice. I remember the scruff on his face and how he would constantly torture the grandkids with it by rubbing his face all over ours. I remember going to mass on sunday morning and he would be the only man wearing a light up bow tie to church! With that same bow tie he came from Arizona to Georgia for my high school graduation and shouted out "GO CUBS" when I walked across the stage to get my diploma. I remember the love that he and grandma had for eachother, the bedtime kiss ritual of "Goodnight"-kiss-"Sleep tight"-kiss-"Sweet Dreams"-kiss-"I Love You"-kiss, and how even as a child I thought it was sweet that they almost has a song the sang to eachother ever night. Grandpa was a man that was deeply in love with his family, his children, his grandchildren, and his cubbies! It was hard to be around him and not feel joyful about life. He is probably the only 80 year old man that if you google him you will find him on facebook and twitter! He loved working on the computer and learning new things. He always tried to capture every moment with a camera or video. I choose to believe this is where I learned my love for capturing wonderful moments. So to the man that lived life to the fullest, taught us how to be a family, how to take care of family, how to love your family, to remember to keep in touch whatever the cost whatever it takes, Grandpa we will see you in heaven. I hope that when you entered heaven you and Jesus were able to rejoice together at what a wonderful life you lived. With tears pouring out as I write, I am so thankful to the Lord that I was blessed to be a part of such a beautiful life. I love you grandpa.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Tara!!! What an amazing man he was. this was a beautifully written heartfelt post. I am sad for you and your family but so happy he is in heaven with Jesus. Can't wait to meet him one day. Love you so dearly.

Lindsey Parsons said...

So sorry for your loss Tara!! He sounds like an incredible guy. Thinking of and praying for you guys!!

stackfamily said...

thank you ladies:) he was a wonderful man! I am glad one day you will get to meet him!

James A. Moore said...

Hello, dear lady.

What can I say but that I'm so very sorry that he is gone from you and so very grateful that he was a part of your world for as long as he was. I believe I met your grandfather briefly at Megan's wedding, but only as a passing introduction. He seemed a good man to me then.
Of course I am biased. I have met his grandchildren, each and every one of them is a reflection of the love he had for life and the world around him, and each and every one of them is a part of the legacy he leaves behind. You've honored him with your words, my dear, but you also honor him every day with your deeds and your love of life that has so obviously carried forward.
I am so very sorry for you loss, dear lady. I am so very glad you have your memories.

Much love to you and yours,

Jim Moore