Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

if only they could just talk to eachother...

We had "well checks" yesterday. I put it in quotes because Miles is not well, physically that is:)
Although he is a big boy, which we all new, he did have a double ear infection. I, honestly had no idea. He is slimming down though, still a little teddy bear! he is in the 97th percentile for height, weight and head. He was a such a good boy for the dr, sat on the table and pointed out all his body parts for her. He then started to point to the dr's body parts, and put his hand on her face, smiled and said "pretty." Oh no. This kid is not going to be easy. He did fine for his shots, as fine as a toddler can do, while having his legs pinned down to the table by some stranger who is putting a needle in him. He did however wake up from his nap with a fever of 104. Yeah, super high, I know, but I figure it was the shots and the ears. He is still sleeping now, so we'll see.
Jay was difficult, as normal lately, for the dr. He was wonderful ages 0 thru 2, but lately he is a pain. I guess its all about him testing me right? He is also big, 97th for height 90th for weight. I was proud of him for knowing all his shapes and explaining to the the dr why she is not allowed to touch his private parts:)
The doctor asked about both of the boys speech. She asked if Miles was able to say 5 words or more? He is definitely saying more:) He knows that to get what he wants he says words, most of his words are a certain type of food group or toy, but thats his life I guess:) Lately he has been so sick, so "boogers" and "yuck" is a new fave. ...Jay does not shut up (which we have been learning that it is a bad word that for "some reason" people say it around him all the time, but he is not allowed!) He talks soo much. Mainly in questions. And ALL directed to me. It doesnt matter if Davon is around or not, they are all questions I need to answer. I have wanted to yell "ASK YOUR DAD!!!!" But I have found that I actually do have so much more patience than Davon. I think Davon can get through about 5 consecutive questions and then he tells him to stop talking. haha. yesterday i do believe that I said to Jay "Jay, can you please stop talking to me?" Even after I said it though I felt bad, like I hurt his feelings. I guess thats why I'm the mom and Davon is the dad, the questions do drive me crazy, but i guess honestly i am sad when they stop. I love that both of them want to chat with me so much, although miles is 2-3 words at a time, I look forward to the day when they just chat with each other. But I guess then I will be pumping out another baby and this will begin all over again!
Today we are off to a "pirate cove" for playdate for Jay, he is super excited about it. Pictures to come....

3 comments:

WEST ONE said...

First off, I'm sure you're wondering why im posting at 2:30 a.m. I just finished doing our taxes and this was open on the iTouch. Anyway, your blogs are AWESOME!! I know that I'm reading about my family and some stuff I already know, but I love to read it like an outsider. Outside looking in...you're still the greatest Mom and woman I know. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise. I love you and I'll be in bed in 30 seconds.

Lindsey Parsons said...

I can't wait for Jackson to start talking! Take it as a blessing. I'd give anything right now for him to really communicate in things other than grunts and mumbles!

stackfamily said...

thank you babe. and linds..i do love miles talking:) Jay is the one that sometimes i would prefer grunts and mumbles. Jackson will come soon enough, and in time your blog will be about wanting him to be quiet!