Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

accidents happen

Ok, so today we have had a couple of accidents. Miles woke up at 10 which was soo late for him, but wonderful. Jay watched Diego while I sat and rocked miles and nursed him, looking out at the beautiful day, seemed like it was going to be great. After finishing feeding miles I set him on my bed with Jay to watch cartoons while I changed his sheets (he slept for 13 hours, yes he was soaked through and through!) He extra linens where just washed so I ran downstairs to get them. Just as I got downstairs, a loud boom, like a bowling ball hitting the floor, then immediately after miles screaming crying. Jay never fell off the bed so I was so worried, this was the first time ever! I ran upstairs, picked him up and rocked him, he quickly calmed down. I then asked my two year old what happened and the best way he could describe it was that he pushed miles. I was so angry with Jay, he started balling, then I came to realize he just meant that miles fell just didnt know how to word it. He just kept saying "Miles fell, Miles fell." I felt awful. Everyone calmed down and we went on our day.
So we went to have lunch and a little pool time at Melodys. I have been so proud and excited that we have had no accidents since we started potty training. (poopy that is). Of course we are at a friends house and i just spent the last half hour bragging on Jay, I am getting miles his food ready because he is fussy and i noticed the brown on jays bathing suit-thought it was mud. So im inside and I hear melody say man I smell poop, she does have the pregnant woman senses, and for sure that wasnt mud. Reminds me of the line from Tommy Boy, "Hey chubbo, that doesnt smell like mud." And yes it was nasty. But hey it happens, Jay seemed as though it was no biggie, and continued to eat his craisins and goldfish, I in fact wanted to shake him and say this is a big deal kid!! But of course i was in front of grass loving melody and I didnt want her to think I was this uptight mom (which just so happens, I kind of am.) I am pyscho when it comes to my childrens schedules, sleeping, eating etc. Even if Jay doesnt poop at his regular time I start to wonder what have I been feeding him that is causing this change, do I need to do something different, if he getting enough fiber,....I know, take it easy right?! I am trying to be more laid back with miles, but I am sure I will be just as nutty. Luckily i have an amazing husband, who the Lord has designed for me and he deals with it, gracefully and lovingly! (I think even likes it a little, ya know dealing with a wife who is a little goofy:)

1 comment:

Josh Treece said...

HURRAY!!! You're back!