Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

my feet hurt!

I got great new boots today that I rocked out all day long, while shopping with my mom, now my feet are killing me!
It is so hard for me not to want to buy Jay so many things. I really dont want to make it a habit of him getting overloaded for christmas, but his birthday is also here, and I look at so many things and think how much he would love to play with them!But all he wants from Santa is a skateboard, so thats what he is getting, and then of course something from us his parents. I used to think, why doesnt mom get us anything for christmas, why just santa? So Jay gets a present from us and a present from Santa, then of course my parents and my siblings.
My issue is Miles. He plays with all of Jay's toys and I see things that I know he will like, but not sure how much its worth something that will hold his attention for 10 minutes. I WILL NOT buy light up sound making toys, not because they annoy me, but because they dont stimulate their creativity and imagination, they merely entertain. If I want entertainment I can turn on the tv and we can all be entertained! VTECH the brand just irritates me. So that leaves me to the expensive wooden toys, which I LOVE, but dont want to empty my bank for my 1 year old christmas!! I love that they are recycled toys and will last forever. But again am I willing to spend the money? I love him, but honestly, its a toy, and he has plenty.
I am not a scrooge, just realistic. So who knows what he is gonna get? Ideas are welcome, just dont be surprised if I nix them:)

5 comments:

Lindsey Parsons said...

Get him a Cozy Coupe! I bet you could find a used one at a consignment shop for cheap too! Just make sure it's got the board to put inside so he can just sit it in for now instead of going Fred Flinstone style. It isn't VTech brand and the only noise it makes is the squeker toyish sounding horn. My parents got Jackson one and brought it over Thanksgiving and he loves it. He sits in it and mimics us driving. It's really cute!

Or maybe some of those big lego blocks or a little tikes farm or something like that. The farm doesn't make much noise except when you open the barn doors is moos and neighs. We've been using it to help Jackson learn what all the animals say.

stackfamily said...

Thanks for the idea, but we have a cozy coupe and the big legos. My sister has the farm at her house. So you see what I am saying, totally lost!!

stackfamily said...

we actually went to the lakeshore teacher store and bought a few things for him (my mom did) I am actually leaning towards the radio flyer wagon that I can pull them both in. I have always wanted one so maybe thats what I should do!

Lindsey Parsons said...

A radio flyer wagon is a great purchase!! Jackson got one from his Grandpa Steve for his bday. We use it instead of the stroller. Even though I like the look of the metal/wood one, we got the plastic one b/c it has a lap belt and cup holders.

It would be a GREAT present from Santa!!

Elizabeth Zammarrelli said...

How did I miss this? Well, I know its late but Sams club had a Melissa and Doug music set for super cheap, I got it for Samuel. Usually they are so expensive and I saw smaller sets for more money at the bsaby stores. Maybe Sams club still has some, worth a try.