Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

P31

I have always felt like I married the man of my dreams. He is such a hard worker, and works hard at home too. I wish there was a proverb or something about a man of God like there is Proverbs 31 for a woman. We joke about how I can probably count on two hands the amount of times I have given our boys a bath. I am pretty sure miles was like 6 months the first time I actually gave him a bath. Davon would not miss a moment with them, especially at that age, given all they really want is mommy.
Every night when ever a boy cries I nudge Davon waking him up and making him get out of bed to take care of them, which he rarely has a complaint about. Last night we heard crying, which is always Jay having some kind of dream, or needing the covers, or asking a random 4am question, but it was Miles. Not knowing that at the moment I got Davon up to go talk to what I thought was Jay, but after he left I realized the cries were Miles. So I got out of bed to see what was wrong (it is soo infrequent Miles wakes up in the night, this was very strange). I walked around the corner to go to his room, and the smell hit me. I walked in to find my husband taking Miles' puke drenched jammies off. So I started helping. Which honestly if I hadnt gotten out of bed I think he would have tried to handle it all by himself. He washed Miles down and I stripped and lysoled the bed and moved Jay into ours. I then took Miles and held him while he vomited more, and when he was done all he wanted was for daddy to hold him. All i could do was watch this picture and smile. Davon is a wonderful husband and the best father any child could ask for. I can not imagine life without out him and I am beyond thankful for the blessing he is in my life.

1 comment:

Carla Davenport said...

What a sweet blog about your wonderful husband. God Bless the men who are willing to help with all the yuckiness in the middle of the night. I feel the same about my husband. So sorry Miles is sick. Hopefully it will pass quickly and no one else will get it.