Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Sometimes you just gotta get away...

I will preface this post with the fact that I love my boys "third best" in the world:) Jesus and Davon come first, which I think is so important for them to know. But after five days straight of not leaving the house and being with them from 7am ish to 8pm ish all.day.long. I was ready to get away:)
So I called my mom up this morning and said lets go on an adventure!
First stop was a great shop called whipstitch fabrics. I have been following great crafty DIY blogs all over the US and so many of them have bought great fabric from this store. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon the fact that they are located in downtown Atlanta! Yay! They have all kinds of sewing classes if you are in atlanta, but they also have online classes! So as most of you that "follow" my blog dont live here, if you want to sew you can do it! And order some rad fabric! Here are some that I picked up for my "go green" sandwich bags!
Yep. I know its more boyish than girl.
But most reg fabric stores have great girl selections, but not boys!
After that we drove through atlanta and went to a yarn shop and a great little book store. Which sightly reminded me of The Shop Around the Corner (You've Got Mail, come on, classic). Mom bought three books for the boys, shes a sucker for buying books for my boys and I love it! She bought Pete the Cat Rocking in His School Shoes. Y'all. Pete the Cat is a fave in our house. Both of my boys have it memorized. So the second addition was a must! Here is a pic of it the original! If you have young kiddos, get it, they will love! 
imageviewer.asp.jpg


*She also bought a childrens book for the future about our nations history of racism called "This is Our Dream." It made both of us cry. I am excited and sad to have to teach them about our past, and really proud that they are mixed and won't ever have to experience the extent of racism that was years ago. *
I found a great book called "A Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of A Misspent Life" by Mary Randolph Carter. AMEN Sorry to my mother-in-law, who has a perfectly kept house, but I heart my mess:) -and even if I don't I cant keep it under control!

of course a trip to goodwill was in store. I got these fab rain shoes!

When we got home the boys were too excited about the books from Noni!

 Sometimes the best thing to do for a stay at home mom's sanity is to get out, enjoy the tree lined roads and the sunshine, without kids chatting, singing, yelling, whatever, in the back seat:)

1 comment:

zoe said...

i LOVE whipstitch! have you been to Intown Quilters?? They are my favorite, though whipstitch is awesome, too. the two just have different vibes. I am assuming since you were living in marietta for a while that you visited red hen fabrics? i really liked them when i lived in that area, but later found intown quilters. they have some great classes, too! i have taken several.

love the fabric choices. i have the fork one, too, that i bought from whipstitch. i can't commit to what to do with the fabric, though. maybe a potholder??

i am with you on the stir crazy feelings. it makes me nuts.