Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Avengers!

So The Avengers came out yesterday! How many of you saw it? I have not yet. I made my husband promise me that he would take me before he took any of his junior high students to see it. We just need to find a babysitter for a 2 and a half hour movie?! But, I am so geeked about it! After all the marvel comic movies they have been giving you teaser clips, and come on, there is such a great cast! I'm no nerd. But this is gonna be a great one!
Well, Jay is also excited about the Avengers. He has seen the commercials and we have let him watch most of Thor and Ironman, and come on, Daddy is into it, so in turn so is Jay:) So when my favorite crafter/blogger Cheri wrote her blog to me- I had to copy! 
And yes, I was the "one" she was talking about:) 

Isn't it great? So simple and yet, if you know Captain America, Thor, Hawk Eye, and Ironman Symbols, you'll know how awesome it is! ( I know there are a few missing, but hulk doesn't have a symbol-and I don't need the girl:)
It was so easy to make, and I am going to walk you through how I did it. You can use any old plain tshirt, but Jay is growing like a weed and tshirts are limited, so I bought him a $6 Target T.
I made a stencil with freezer paper. Have you ever used it? Its so great. Just let it run through your printer like a regular sheet of paper-then cut it out with an exacto knife to make a stencil.
ugh. ignore my chubby fingers:)

Then you iron the shiny side down onto the Tshirt, making sure to keep the little pieces. (In  Cheri's blog she does a great tutorial on how to do it, you just have to navigate a little:)


Then you take fabric paint and paint!
  It helps if you have a super cute little helper, this one isn't for sale, but I may be willing to rent him out for a small fee:)

After it has dried, peel off the paper, and iron with a cloth over the paint. To help the fabric paint set!
He has now worn it 2 days straight. Church is tomorrow. Im going to sneak it into the washing machine tonight so he's not tempted to try to bust it out:)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!!! tara you are such a rockin' mama. loving the new layout!!!