Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

605 stairs to the top!

Davon and I took the boys hiking at Amicalola Falls  and it was beautiful.
Goodness
, I am so thankful for this little family that God has blessed me with. Thankful that Jay wanted to run up all 605 stairs to the top of the falls and that Davon ran with him:) and thankful that my two year old walked up all of the stairs by himself all the while his little hand holding mine:) and look at those chubby hands in that picture! Stinky, sweaty, chubby hands-gotta love them.

The hike was beautiful and daddy and I used it as teaching time about how amazing out Creator is. We saw all different kinds of trees, rocks, birds, and even a 4 foot snake walked across our path. YIKES!
SO Pretty! No Filter and taken by my iPhone!


This was after we made it to the top!


As we enjoyed the view from the top of the waterfall (and the beginning of the Appalachian trail!) I couldn't help but think about the Lord. I thought about Psalm 139 and sang the song we would always sing at Young Life when I was in high school
"Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, 
    your right hand will hold me fast."

Then I thought about the beginning of this chapter
You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; 
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways. 
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely. 
You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, 
    too lofty for me to attain.

God knew me and You before He created us. He knew us before He created this waterfall and these trees. He knows us enough to care about our thoughts- to search me out and want to know me. This knowledge is to lofty for me to even attain, or even understand for that matter. But regardless of what I do, regardless of how I "feel" about Him, He will remain constant. Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Lindsey Parsons said...

First, congrats to you for making it to the top. I hope you treated yourself to a calorie laden treat afterwards! Second, loved the pictures and the testimony. It is just amazing that the same God that created that beautiful waterfall thousands of years ago wants to know us so intimately.