Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Letter Wreath

So my sisters birthday is Cinco de Mayo Eve and she has been dropping hints like crazy for a wreath like mine. I used to change the decorations on my wreath every season, and for fall and christmas that was fun, but Jan-September was always a real let down! 
SO...I was looking through pinterest and came across one that looked simple enough and got super excited about rosettes and hot glue and of course the letter S:)
This is mine on our front door.
So I headed out to Hobby Lobby, our closet craft store, Joann and I are actually BFFs, but she was a little far of a drive. I brought a coupon-always bring a coupon!- and bought another wreath and the letter P for my sisters last name. I had the fabric in my stash at home, so this birthday gift was a total of $5! So great right? (Don't worry I am also getting her something else-she deserves it:) 


I just traced the letter and hot glued the fabric to it!

I didn't take a picture of making the rosettes- probably because I burn my fingers trying to go to fast, and paying attention to two little boys while using hot glue (yes I know, not to smart-at least no children were burned in the process!), but here is a great video tutorial!
I hot glued everything onto the wreath. And check her out!
So pretty right?! I love the red and the robins egg blue colors together.


4 comments:

Carla said...

I love it!!!! If you're ever needing a something to do in between projects, you can make one for me. :-) It's gorgeous!

RJ said...

I'd be more than happy to get a "B" wreath sometime ;)

RJ said...

..or maybe you've inspired me to do something special for our new house!

stackfamily said...

Y'all i would totally love to make one for you! Its very inexpensive! But it costs an arm and a leg to ship! good gravy, shipping really gets ya! Bekah, it would be perfect for your new house!