Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

new mac, new blog, new pants

For a while I have been wanting to blog. But my computer had gotten WAY to slow. Posting one pic took me at least 20 minutes.
And because this year we were able, by the grace of God, to pay off our debt. Our tax return came and
We got a new computer!!
and not just any computer
.......
This Gem!!!
I am so freakin excited about it. I don't even know where to start.
She is so beautiful! AND because we bought it through peachmac.com we were able to get double the RAM! For any of you who know anything about this, its pretty great. (However I don't, all I know is that my computer will be pretty darn fast)
So I am back in business with blogging and gonna revamp a little. Maybe a little DIY stuff, maybe a little parenting stuff, maybe a little me, we'll see.
For starters I had to get my sewing machine fixed. It had been out on sick leave for about a month and a half and my craft room was getting dusty. Now we are back in business! Although to finish an order at my so called shop, a good friend of mine let me borrow hers and it was pretty choice.
come on...touch screen! Let me tell ya, this thing purred.
My first project was these pants I saw on the "celebrate the boy" series that happens in the blogworld called pieced jersey pants, follow the link and she gives a great tutorial.
I decided to do this with this marvel comics fabric Jay picked out from the fabric store.
This is a confession of mine, I let my children pick out their clothes, but I teach them what matches and what does not. A lot of my mom friends let their kids pick out whatever they like, but if I am being honest, I steer them in the right direction, AND I don't like tshirts or things that are "overly" character.
So this fabric, which Jay absolutely fell in love with, was a toughy for me....
So I decided to just use a little bit of it, and that was good enough for Jay!
I cut up a few old tshirts

I turned on a podcast of Mark Driscolls from Mars Hill Church and got to work

I made a mistake sewing the waistband, and this handsome seamstress took it out for me.
(I'm not patient enough for this kind of task:)
 And VIOLA!! We have a comfy pair of pants and cute little model too:)

4 comments:

Love All Over the Land said...

Those are so cute! Great work....glad you will be blogging more!

stackfamily said...

thanks Zoe! He loves them;) I'm tempted to make myself a pair, but i think I might look like a clown!

stackfamily said...

meant to tag Zoe Love....thanks Jessica!

Unknown said...

cute pants!! so exciting about being debt-free and getting the mac. you will love it. glad you are blogging again :)