Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

maybe he needs a xanax?

So I never want to blog, I feel like other people are so interesting sounding, I also feel like I have about two people that actually read, but its fun to say that "I BLOG"...so here I go again!

I do love my two sons soo much. Its funny how similiar they are and yet so different. Miles is not afraid of anything, he loves to try to touch bugs and get his hands dirty. They are both laid back personalities, but Miles is a little sassy. He gets an attitude with me when I take things away, and when his brother is telling him what to do. He scrunches up his little nose and yells at me, or Jay (never really daddy?). He hasnt quite gotten the "no" concept yet. He loves to touch everything he shouldn't. He even reaches out to touch and looks to see if I am not looking (sneeky:) I am pretty sure I love Miles because he is a lot like me.

Jay is just like his daddy. Personalities are almost identical. He is very obedient, sure he is a 2 year old so he tests me, but it always apologetic and he listens to "no" better than most. Since he was a baby I never baby proofed, all it took with Jay was a simple no and he would stop. He hates being dirty, is terrified of bugs, and very shy. (not me at all!!)
This leads me to last night. We went to the Atlanta Thrashers hockey game and there is a mascot bird called Thrash. Jay of course saw him on the ice skating around and was so taken by Thrash. He made me walk around and look for him, much to Jay's saddness we could not find him. Until he found us... He came up and sat next to Davon. Which for most kids would be so exciting! My son is terrified of the chic fila cow, so he started screaming crying telling the bird to "go, leave me alone." Poor bird. Of course the rest of the night every two minutes he would ask where's the bird. It got super annoying and I was ready to be done with the game and out of the arena! In November we are taking Jay to Disney, maybe I should give him a xanax or something? Do they have a childrens form?

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I, too am AMAZED at childrens' personalities and DNA(aka the hand of God!) I love to see how children in the same family can look SO much alike, but have such unique individual traits - and personalities, oh my! It's fun to pick out which trait came from which parent!
Girl, you better load that DVD player up with a Disney movie EVERY day from now until then! The good thing about Disney is that you don't HAVE to get close to the characters unless you want to. At 3,and with his apprehension - you probably will not want to have him get autographs of all the characters - it's fun to "find" them - and perhaps you can have a family pic with some of his favorites. There's so much to see and do there - I'm sure he'll have a blast - and go to sleep in an instant!

Elizabeth Zammarrelli said...

I read your blog and I find it interesting so keep writing, especially about the little things (ie... Miles being sneaky and Jay w/ the bird, lol).
I didn't like characters and clowns when I was realy little either so I feel for Jay.. I understand you're feelings about being a "negative Nancy" and then feeling like garbage when someone else has a much larger problem. But your problems are yours no matter how they compare to someone elses life. I will pray for your friend as well as you. By the way.... I. am so wanting to go to Disney especially while it's free for Samuel but I think it would take me two years to save the money. I can't wait to see pics of you all there.