Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

my model children:)

So for years people have been telling me to put the boys in modeling. Well, Jay for years, Miles for months. Heres the truth: I believe that all moms think that their children are the cutest kids. If I am being honest, I think everyone that I know (with the exception of one and the child is a girl so it doesnt count:) does not have as cute kids as I do. BUT, my problem is I know that its just me who believes that. I mean really, you look at everyones facebook and they say how their kid is the cutest, funniest, best dressed, most adorable, if a mom had a choice her kid would get every "who's who" award there is!
All this to say that last night I decided to try to put Miles in a competition for Parents Magazine, to win money and possibly a family vacation. In all honesty, just cause we need the money, and would LOVE the vacation! The whole time I was uploading the pictures I felt sick to my stomach, knowing I was going to have to ask all the other mom friends of mine to vote my kid as the cutest, when the whole time they are probably thinking "I should sign my kid up for this, he is cuter that Miles." And then what if we don't win and some other, to me, not as cute kid wins, then I will be frustrated. Not to mention it took me about an hour just picking out the pictures I thought might be the cutest. I am so critical of pictures (probably cause I am the one taking them!). So as I get to the end and submit the pictures it doesnt work? I get super frustrated, and try all over again. Again doesnt work. So maybe its God sparing me from my own crazy mom emotions. Or maybe its Him sparing my friends having to compare their kids to the most beautiful children in the world:)!! (even that statement irritates me, but it was fun to say:)






3 comments:

Elizabeth Zammarrelli said...

I felt the same about the "what if he doesn't win?" Part of the contest. Your boys are beautiful but for you, and those who know them, the pictures are so much more than a cute moment caught in a flash. Its a memory, it's love, it's your life and none of that can be told by just a picture. I don't think I can ever prepare myself for the moments when Samuel isn't the best, cutest, most popular, what ever it may be. You told me once before Samuel was born to never compare my child to someone elses and that is a great piece of advice!

Pieces of Our Life said...

um, first of all...i think that last picture is the best :)

and secondly...you ladies do what you want with the pics and contests!!!! its your kids, and its your decision, it doesn't matter what others think. its a fun competition, and who knows you might WIN! and i don't think anyone minds voting for your cute kids (even if they think theirs is cuter).
all in love. love you.

All Things said...

Well I do feel that your boys are completely adorable and can win any cute baby contest but, I don't have children yet! :)
Love to watch these boys grow!