Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

another bite of that humble pie, thank you very much

actually this morning I was in the middle of writing a job well done post about how proud I was of my children. Miles was being super sassy to Jay and I asked Miles "What does the bible say about treating others?" He answered, "Be Kind, to eachother!" Ahh! Thats so great! He's really getting it, and not even 2 yet!! (This is the bible verse book that we use. This kids love it, and can look at the pictures and say the bible verse, well not all of them...but you get the picture!)
ABC Bible Verse Book

Then in our bible story we were reading about Saul/Paul and meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus, in the boys' storybook Bible. Paul said something like "who are you" to Jesus, and Jay shouted out "Jesus is the Savior." WOW! I was just blown away! (and by the way to any mom looking for a great bible for their kids, this is the best, its not only great for the kids, but honestly, I love reading it too:)
Click to see a larger image of The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones


So again, I was writing this this morning, such joy and pride in my heart about how much they were learning and how it was sinking in! In the mean time the boys were upstairs saying good morning to mom and she came down, Miles in tears and Jay sulking. Apparently Miles was fighting with Jay over a toy, screaming and crying, and Jay was talking back to Noni and being disrespectful.
So yes, I will have another bite of that pie please.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Hahaha! Love it! You summed that up quite well, my friend!

Unknown said...

agree on several points. the Jesus Storybook Bible is a really good one. and also, being a parent keeps us very humble indeed...but also proud. you're doing a great job tara! so happy you are blogging so much :)

Brandy J. said...

I'm so glad you like my curtains. I actually bought two rectangular tablecloths...sorry for the confusion. The picture of the round tablecloth was the only one I could find online that showed off the pattern.

With two rectangular tablecloths I didn't have to do any sewing or cutting. I just clipped the panels on the hangers (threaded onto the rod) and I was done. Best of luck! I hope you love your curtains as much as I do!

I love your blog, btw!

stackfamily said...

Brandy!Thanks so much! All Target has are the circular, so I am going to have to get creative with cutting, sewing, and some extra fabric! I just love the print on it and cant find anything I like more! Keep an eye on my blog, we'll see how it goes!