Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

WIPs

I am what you call a naptime/bedtime crafter. When the boys are asleep, I try out new projects. Most of the things I have been sewing or knitting or re/upcycling clothes (click on the Made! option underneath the title of my blog, you'll see some of my creations).... BUT since we are moving into a house on Sept 3rd (WAHOO! yes you can all shout it!) I have been working on new things for the house that I wanted to share with you!
Wanted to share this (its for me, not the house, but hey, whatev)
I love this vest and the olive green color! Cant wait to finish!
Its such a boring knit though, so its taking me a while!

picture frames from goodwill. I plan to paint them both.
Not sure whether I will frame a picture, or some type of object?!

I got these corbels off craigslist for $10! I plan on painting the gold and the green on them and using them  as a holder for a huge beam that Davon is "aging," by beating it like a rented mule:)

This is the blue paint I am going to use on the boys' chest of drawers that we bought from good will (scroll down you'll see it)

Davon and I found this at a salvage yard. I plan on staining it and writing some sort of phrase or saying on the glass for the dining area.

This is the chest of drawers for the boys' room. I am sanding it, painting it that dark blue and bought steel knobs for it. Its gonna look great!

A cute tablecloth from Target is going to become my curtains for the playroom/my craftroom!

I loved the shower hooks, they will become the hangers for the curtains!

This is actually not a wip, its my moms old sewing machine that I have been using, but......

She bought me a new one for my birthday! Yay Mom! So.....

Davon is making me a table long enough to do all my sewing and projects, but skinny enough that it doesnt take up too much room in our new little house!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

tara!!! LOVE this post a ton! nathan and i are both super impressed by that gorgeous vest! and so excited about a new house for you. love you!!!

zoe said...

glad you posted your blog to fb. i am enjoying reading it.

we have the same exact dresser (and also matching desk and short dresser) left over from brandon's childhood. i have visions of a funky painted version of it. we have some other furniture that i painted lime green for dax's room and i LOVE it painted!

zoe