Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

to pack or to stall?? hmmm....

Good Morning to all! What a busy weekend! The BRICKS was great friday night. We have been having about 300 jhi'ers coming the past two weeks that the school year has started. Its been a mad house, but so much fun! I can tell this is going to me a great ministry year at the BRICKS!! -for those that don't know, Davon is the director of an outreach ministry for junior high age at our church. It is mainly unchurched kids that come, hang out in a safe environment, and get to hear the gospel. Such a cool thing that we are a part of! 
Saturday morning I had training at church for childcare and then met Davon up at the park were he had set up a volunteer appreciation lunch. It was a great time, the boys were sweaty and exhausted, I forgot my camera- but we are getting our iphones September 1st! So I have no fear that my documentation of everything will be taken to the next level! 
Saturday night we attempted to start packing, but instead gave up and knit a coffee sleeve...coming to a rickrackstacks store near you!
so fall and so fabulous!


pumpkin spice tea....so excited about cooler weather!
Sunday, I woke up with a summer time cold, thanks to both of my boys sharing with me! Ugh, I hate feeling nasty in the summer time. Stuffed up, achey, and Davon thinks its weird when I say this, but breathing hot air out of my nose. Does this happen to anyone else? When I get sick the air that comes out of my nose seems hot? Ok, maybe weird, now that I typed that out I am tempted to delete it?? I do sound a little strange. But whatev. So, had a long nap, had pancakes and salad for dinner (I know-weird combo-I am NOT pregnant, just wanted something healthy along with the pancakes). Put the boys to bed and sang sweet songs with Miles, snuggled up in his toddler bed:)



Then after two hours of getting them to go to sleep. They finally did, but it was exhausting!
So instead, Davon and I watched reruns of our all time favorite show, Psych! Its airing again on October...watch it, you will not regret it. Its on USAnetwork. 
Anyway, I would be packing right now, but Davon and Jay ran to get newspaper, and Miles is sleeping, so hey, why not blog?? ...ok I think I hear the door, and since I nag him for not working just cause I am sitting, I better not be caught red handed, not working and playing on the computer! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Carla Davenport said...

You made major mistake! If you don't want Davon to know you weren't working, then you shouldn't have blogged it, silly. You left evidence!!!!

Unknown said...

i love this!!! that video melts my heart. also i want that mug cozy. too cute!!!